A Time for New Beginnings...

I am not a New Year's Eve person. I was in bed by 11 p.m. and it didn't even occur to me until the next day that I probably could have had a drink or two with no consequences, seeing as I didn't leave my home for fear of stray bullets. However, I did manage to remain undefeated at Scene It for the XBox, so the night was not without its spoils. While I glean nothing from a night of heavy vomiting, I do indulge in the occasional resolution, such as to maintain this blog since it was a very thoughtful gift from my dear husband. "But husband," I say, "the world doesn't need another social commentary blog about the trials and tribs of celebrity and pop culture in general." Husband assures me that the world does need this, so who am I to argue. I will spare you the litany of mundane resolutions that I will inevitably break in favor of making some that will be impossible to keep.

1) I don't want to know what Britney wore to court or how many times she's been to Starbucks this week. Even when she does manage to stay inside, serious journalists like Extra speculate as to what she's been up to and where she'll appear next. I am unable to remember such arbitrary things like birthdays and functions of my real job because items like this are crowding my brain. Because it's everywhere, I'm asking Mrs Spears-Alexander-Federline to cut the shit for awhile until my brain cells have a chance to grow back.
2) Stop watching serious journalists like Extra.
3) Stop caring whether or not Lindsey Lohan has fallen off the wagon or if she's really got the hang of this rehab thing.
4) Start reading something other than People Magazine and Entertainment Weekly.
5) Stop paying attention to celebrities unless they want me to buy their CDs or go see their movies.

Who am I kidding! I'll have better luck keeping my resolution of learning how to really play the guitar instead of Guitar Hero, despite this resolution being three years old now. That "More Than a Feeling" gets me every time!

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is hilarious!! I wrote my own blog about Britney just a few weeks ago because hearing her name on the news is just making me sick to my stomach!