A Word About Project Runway...

I love Project Runway, I really do. It was the only real thing I was looking forward to this summer and so far it's been pretty good. However, ever since his Fierceness Christian not only won last season but managed to coin a ridiculous catchphrase, everyone this season seems to be looking for their angle. It's not just about the clothes, but about every vapid or nonsensical word that comes out of their mouths. For example, one's name cannot be a catchphrase, so Suede, please stop talking about Suede in the third person...Suede. Also unacceptable: wackadoodle. Uncool and childish does not a Fierce word make. Finally, Blayne, adding -licious to already existing words is no longer acceptable. It's so 2003 and no, I will not 'holla at cha boy' so please stop trying to make me. What I'm saying is, I want a little more fashion, a little less noise and a whole lot more time making it work. Rally! Auf Wiedersehen!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree, soooo over the wackadoodle blaynliciousness.

Jack said...

Yeah, but it's reality TV. It's SUPPOSED to be ridiculous. Reality TV has been like this since 1992, when the cameras first started rolling in The Real World.

Unknown said...

I'm in total agreement, however I will admit that I've called Leather "Leathah" a la Stella at least a time or two since this season began. All the other lame-o "catch phrases" are way too forced.